Sunday, May 25, 2008

GASP….Gulp…giggle, giggle…











That’s me…gasping for air! And giggling, because it’s been a hard, busy, but also extremely FUN two weeks! I just wanted everyone to know that we’re still alive…
Here’s the “lowdown:”

Friday: I got my Mother’s Day present early…NEW SPEAKERS for my car! The old ones were busted bad – and I normally can’t tell on things like that, but they buzzed something horrid! So now we’re rocking out sans the buzz!…and on a sad note, T and I went to say our good byes to our sweet friend, R. He wasn’t doing well at all and it appeared his time with us was very short. A friend rushed over to sit with T3 and MW so we could have those few minutes.

Saturday: I met Mom to see a play and have a little get away, just us girls…and blasted my music all the way to meet her!
I left a completely clean house Saturday morning…and came home to a DISASTER ZONE! (Any mother who has left her husband home with little ones for ten hours (just ten, keep in mind he works 12 hour shifts! Not that I could EVER do his job – seriously!) I’m just saying…) Just imagine…food all over the counters and stove, dirty dishes, still on the table, a filthy high chair, toys strewn everywhere, a dirty nasty bathtub, a wet bathroom floor, wet towels lumped in piles, books spread all over, dress up clothes all over the place…pillows on the floor…food smashed into the rug, etc., etc., etc…and I enter the den where T and MW are lounging on the sofa watching Batman cartoons. See, they went to Sams for pizza and icees and found this batman cartoon series, so they bought it…and now they were watching it, lounging on the sofa, with their DQ blizzards…talk about sitting around eating bon bons all day! Hee, hee. I’m just teasing you T! I went to bed, refusing to clean up the HUGE MESS…since I do that EVERY DAY and it was, after all, Mother’s Day EVE (Mom, sorry we never acknowledged “Mother’s Day Eve” I don’t know WHAT we were thinking!) (Again, as T often tells me, I’m such a self-proclaimed martyr!) I did kindly tell him before I went to bed that I wasn’t cleaning up the mess…

Sunday: Mother’s Day…I woke with the hope in my heart that I’d find a neat and tidy house, just the way I left it 24 hours earlier…that hope died pretty darn fast. I was in a bad mood. Finally, a few blocks from church T said, “Happy Mother’s Day.” We get to Sunday School where the teacher read a passage from the Psalms about Delighting Yourself in the Lord…and he asks, “What do you delight in?” Great, another “sermon” just for me. He asks the question and pauses for emphasis. I was ready to give my answer aloud, but alas, he moved on…my heart still wasn’t “there.” I was too caught up in my “rights,” however wrong they were, to have a clean home. We sat through church where I spent more time than I’d like to admit writing my husband the “sweetest” notes about why he should go home and clean up the mess he made with the kids so I wouldn’t have to…Once we’re in the car headed out to lunch he reached over and put his hand on my leg in a loving way and assured me he had ever intention of picking up once we got home. I nagged…I got my way…and now as I type this, I’m feeling a bit ashamed. A bit humbled. Christ died for me, for my sin. What “right” do I have to “punish” T with my nagging “drippy faucet” words because he didn’t meet my expectations and desires? Yikes. The answer is…um, gulp, NONE.

“A foolish son is his father’s ruin, and a quarrelsome wife is like a constant dripping.” Proverbs 19:13

Drip…drip…drip…

I should also add that our neighbor went home on Mother's Day morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment