Friday, January 18, 2008

Spaghetti & Meatballs

Big news today! I found T3 standing up in his crib! Then, this afternoon, he stood up in his pack 'n play! What a mighty fine little man! He's into everything and I can't get over how he's changing so fast!

We did our weekly grocery store run this afternoon. T and I had planned a little at home date for tonight, thus making a tv dinner for MW a necessity. (This is our very first experience with tv dinners...) While in the frozen food section, the frozen food guy was stocking the tv dinners, and MW began dancing back and forth, the "I gotta go" dance. (Of course, she described how urgently she "needed to go" in front of the man.) So I tossed her in the buggy and we made a bee line for the bathroom. After which we headed back to the frozen food aisle. After taking an enormous amount of time, MW finally decided on spaghetti with meatballs and corn, based solely on the chocolate brownie that comes in the top right section of the tray. LIke a big girl, she took it from the freezer and put it in the buggy. At about that time, T3 somehow managed to fiip over and to get up on all fours in the seat of the buggy. While I busied myself righting my little acrobat, MW starts flirting with the same frozen food stocker, an elderly man. She kept trying to play peek-a-boo through the freezer door. Well, he finished stocking those tv dinners, shut that door, and gave me a look that could kill, turned his back to us, and stomped off. Needless to say, he did not think MW was funny and she audibly asked "why?"

My grandfather called this afternoon to share with us that my grandmother has pneumonia and isn't expected to recover. She's had alzheimers for some time. I'm sad, but I also think there is something beautiful about to happen. She is a believer and I know her soul will be freed from her dying body and she will be united with Christ. She will meet her Maker, face to face. Oh the hope of eternity, of freedom from the law of sin and death that wages war in our bodies! The precious beauty of that which God began being made complete! We shared a little bit of what's going on with MW. She knows that our bodies die, but our souls live forever. If you ask her, she can answer. However, I'm not sure how much of it connects correctly, but she prayed for my grandmother before bed tonight. Her prayer went something like this, "Dear Father, Thank you that her will be all better when her sees Jesus." Eighty to a hundred years on this earth just doesn't seem that long when I think of eternity. I am so happy we live forever!

Let me run before I start blogging all sorts of things that are better recorded in my journal. T is wiring my old cd player into my new car! Yahoo! Too fun! We're so thankful! And I'm about to go out and apply a little Maguier's wax on the hood. It has a little oxidation. Yes, I'm becoming quite the car pro...NOT! This "work on the car thing" is part of our "date" and blogging is not.

No comments:

Post a Comment